Friday, February 27, 2009

The Mystery of Diada

So this week we are getting out of the car and walking into the grocery store. Its after school. Hayden is hungry, I have to pee and Willow is yap, yap, yapping along. She keeps asking me what a Diada is. I say to her that I don't know. She asks what it means then. We're still walking through the parking lot. I ask her where she heard it and she tells me at school and then starts pestering me to tell her what or who Diada is. I cannot explain to her that I have no idea. She just doesn't accept that. I keep asking for more information on where SHE heard it. She says it wasn't from a friend, that it was in the classroom but she doesn't tell me more. Exasperated, I pretty much start ignoring her but she won't let up. A few minutes later she said, well it was in a song. I ask her what song and she says "the one that goes Boom Diada Boom Diada Boom Diada Boom Diada". When it clicks what song she is singing, I crack up like a maniac and everyone in Nob Hill is judging me as such.
At any rate, she has a new favorite song and sings it all day. She's been out in the yard serranding the flowers with repeated lines of "I love the daffodils". Too bad she sings it to the tulips.

1 comment:

pjtog said...

Denise you had me afraid there for a few seconds. I was wondering what on earth she had heard that sounded like that!!!!That is knee slapping hilarious.

I love the mountains
I love the rolling hills
I love the flowers
I love the daffodils
I love the fireside
when all the lights are low...

BOOM DIADA BOOM DIADA BOOM DIADA BOOM DIADA Boom!

hahahahahah omg laughing so hard.
You really have knack for writing.